Blogmas: What I want.

Hey everyone!

I thought I would take the opportunity to make this first post explaining why I'm doing a blogmas, or at least my own little version of it.

I'd like for my readers to know more about me as a person, instead of just knowing me as "that one blogger who has a really hard time," so I decided to do blogmas! I can't really do vlogmas since I have a very sporadic schedule and I'd rather keep the safety of my kids in mind, since I spend most of my time at school it would be impossible to vlog without getting them in the frame. I'd love to share my experiences here in Korea and also just give back more to the internet instead of just taking from it all the time.

I'd like to offer this challenge to anyone reading this: Start a month of goals.

That's right, 31 goals for 31 days.

"Winter, that's insanity," I hear you cry. "That's too much work!"

Well maybe so, but I'm one of those people that feels like I've gotta work all the time or I'm wasting my time. (I'm still working on fixing that.)

I thought I would share my own goals with you in the hopes that you'll be inspired and see that it's not impossible for you to do it yourself.

base image by the lovely Toni Cuenca

In no particular order:


  • Read a new book
  • Plan 2019’s goals
  • Paint one inspirational piece of art
  • Create 3 new monsters in Leif’s Journal
  • Walk 31,000 steps over the month
  • Sort the Fridge Box
  • Find Bailey a home
  • Unfollow everyone I don’t like
  • Finish Semester 1 prep
  • Watch 4 new movies
  • Practice violin for 45m straight
  • Learn notes on all strings
  • Earn $30 online
  • Upload “Practical Teaching Advice” video
  • Upload 1 art/life talk video about living in Korea
  • Upload 1 “common misconceptions” video
  • Stream 1 time on Twitch
  • Eat a salad every day
  • Beat For The King
  • Update my resume
  • Mail Christmas cards
  • Mail Christmas gifts
  • Make 31 posts on IG
  • Make 31 blog posts
  • Clean up PC files
  • Friends Christmas
  • Beat Oxenfree
  • Buy foam rollers for hair and 40’s curl it
  • Make a Christmas playlist
  • Get a haircut
  • Get new makeup brushes



I feel like I have to explain a few things with this list.
First, at least a few of these things can be completed at once! These are not all unobtainable goals and I can completely do them.

Secondly, several of these fall under different categories which makes them easier to complete and compartmentalize. Streaming on Twitch, completing Oxenfree and For the King all fall under video games which makes them easier to complete in one fell swoop. Things like getting a haircut, curling my hair, and changing out my makeup brushes fall under self care and beauty, which are things I can do throughout the month when I'm feeling low.

It's all about making goals and being able to complete them logically and in a helpful way to your life. You don't have to complete one single goal every single day, that would be hectic and stressful and that's not the end goal here. The feeling we want is to be accomplished and proud at what we can do with our time when we put forth the effort. We don't want to feel frazzled and panicked when we don't do something at every waking moment. It's something I am trying to train out of myself, which may seem counterproductive with this challenge. I promise you though, being able to section your time into bits and pieces over the month to complete a big goal is what will help in the end.

If you also do notice, I've got some videos planned to post! I've been planning these out for a while and I do hope that they are helpful to some people. My content will vary as the month goes on so I do hope everyone enjoys at least one thing I post.

I'll wrap it up here before it gets much longer, so I leave you with my 31 goal challenge and wish you the best in completing it!

See you next time, happy December~

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blogmas: Sometimes I wonder.

A requested update

Blogmas: On feeling overwhelmed.