About time.

I completed my first day of physical therapy this afternoon and wow, lemme tell you.

I'd forgotten what it felt like to stand up and not be in pain, or to be able to walk without being in extreme discomfort. It only lasted a bit, obviously one session of ultrasound and shockwave therapy isn't going to undo 6 months of pain but it helped significantly. The good news is my insurance covers it, so gg school you didn't get to escape this one.

The xray tech was really nice yesterday during my consultation, but he was really embarrassed about the whole process.
Tech: Your underwear. Do you have metal?
Me: Yes, there's metal in my bra.
Tech: Please take it off.
Me, reaching up to take my coat off: Okay, my pants have metal too.
Tech, panicking: Oh, metal? Please... uhh, please here. Remove here.
-he begins frantically looking around for a gown and bag for my clothes-
Tech: Please, here, okay? Remove, please. I'll.. wait. Outside. Okay?
-proceeds to run out of the room-

 He spoke English well, I found out during the process that he had a second major in Nuclear Physics and he had taken the TOEFL and landed himself in level 2. 

Just like before, no broken vertebrae and my spine itself looked good, but the muscle damage around my spine was what landed me in PT for the foreseeable future. I got a really deep massage in my hip and butt, like elbow to the bone almost kinda deep, and then two treatments. The man giving me the massage was nervous about having to do it but to be honest, as a girl I think I'm well adjusted to doctors being up close and personal around there.

I guess my schedule is gonna be pretty busy from now on, between PT twice a week, violin twice a week, teaching, vet appointments for Stella's bladder problem, and Christmas shopping. I'd thought to do vlogmas this year, but I highly doubt my life is entertaining enough to do it. I'll maybe to blogmas though!

Look forward to the mundane adventures of me, the crazy foreigner and her two annoying cats.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blogmas: Sometimes I wonder.

A requested update

Blogmas: On feeling overwhelmed.